R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
dangerwr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warpig
I just ran my smart diff yesterday in my 8ight-E 2.0 and the car was unreal. The track conditions were so dusty that I had rooster tails 15' back. Not to mention, the bumps and the jumps on the track were horrible. The track has been sitting all winter and is really messed up. I could drive the car with confidence in these conditions and square up perfectly in any situation. I was impressed!

There were about 5 other 8ights there (nitro) and I was helping them with setup adjustments and trying out their cars and there was definitely a difference in being able to square up. There is a large jump about 12' tall and out of a corner which is normally really difficult. Due to the bumps and the loose dirt everywhere it was much more difficult. With my car I went as straight as it would if there were no bumps. The other cars I had to make adjustments as I ascended up the face of the jump.

The other thing I noticed is I could pitch the car into corners in the weirdest fashon and come out perfect. There is a 180 on the end of the straight and I could take the inside line on the straight and pitch it hard and apex the corner early and be off to the next section in a blink and keeping it tight at about 2" from the pipe with the bumps. I've never driven a car so dialed. Especially on a track like this.

I used no brakes driving my car. It is an E car so it does have a small amount of drag brake (4%). But, still... All the nitros with no smart diff required brakes to pitch the car...

Just thought I'd share my first smart diff experience.

I ran center only with two .15's and a well lubed diff with losi grease.

Ben
Awesome! Thanks for the write-up. I will order the center diff now--I have been waiting to hear more feedback. Thanks!