R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 06:01 PM
RC Mania
Tech Initiate

It only make the sound when it is accelerating on the ground. It does sound like when the gears are not properly mesh but I check all the gears (crowns, diff, spur and pinion) after 2 packs...all seems ok. I have also set my radio to an exponential of negative 50 and I am already very light on the trottle. But it does not make the sound when it is off the ground.

Actually if it is due to the mis-meshing in any of the gears, i would have seen some wore tooth. ???

The Schulze 58Ce & LMT5300 combination can take on a 10T brush motor. I am only able to try it when going down the straight. I set the esc to Mode 6. (total 6 modes-Mode 1,3,5 = high torque, no goes up, lower rpm; Mode 2,4,6 = lower torque, no goes up, lower rpm). So I am actually using the least powerful mode. I have yet to try the other modes as I am facing this "funny sound" problem.

Some said it is due to the warp front gearbox due to crashes and therefore the front diff is not properly align. Any suggestion on this?

Is this issue common to all shaft driven cars?

Maybe i will put on my 13T mod motor to check whether it still makes the sound. Will keep u all updated.