R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nerf Wing for 200 mm car, Short graphite bumper
I received a favorable reply from Frank at CRC on the bumper and nerfwing projects. If he has time later he may CNC a set of prototypes to test. I have also completed the CAD of the Nerfwing for the 200 mm World GT car. The main utility on carpet will be to move the body post back and to protect the axle. On asphalt there is a 1.7 by 1.2 inch pad that we may be able to fit all the elctronics. This will move weight back and provide better forward traction. If you have plenty of forward traction (I don't ever seem to have enough on asphalt) then it will still move your body post out and back and provide axle protection.

The first prototypes will also have an extra secret hole that could be used for a long beefy link in case you want to try a 3-link.

If you would like a 200mm version send me a PM. This will help to move the project along. I know of at least 6 Gen X 10 cars running LiPo 10.5 that could use a set at our track.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nerwing for 200 mm Gen X 10.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	438625  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 04-07-2009 at 07:34 PM.