R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 AM
warpspeed57
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=_cyclops_;5651320]Hi Guys,

I've been running the NT1 for a while now, i like the car a lot. One thing i always have trouble with is the clutch. It just doesn't seem to be ok. Setting it is fine, so it engages pretty good but not as good as i want. This seems to because of some play on the clutch bell and the bearings. Anybody noticed this too, the small bearing in front of the clutch always has some play. How did you guys removed that?

Regards,
Ruben[/QUOTE
Also be sure you havnt accidently swapped your thrust race holder for another brand, or swapped your thrust race for another brand. We accidently did this and the other thrust race had a slightly bigger Inside diamater,,causing wobbble,, as mentioned also, the race holder of some other brands is the incorrect size. To double check, remove the holder and check the fit of the bearing AND the thrust race on the holder. If this is all OK then I`LL bet you have the thrust racr on backwards,, as mentioned above. Remember the large hole of the thrust race goes toward the fly wheel. Let us know how you get on. As for set up, the XRAY clutch is superb once you get it right. We use the hard spring with .8-1mm of compression and .5-.6 clutch gap with .1 end play. If you use this set-up you should be fine.