R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Debating going to 2.4ghz
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Toddzilla
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Debating going to 2.4ghz

I currently have 3 cars that I race......

XXX-T with a novak 13.5 brushless setup for super stock. I run a JR XR2i with a futaba 75 MHz reciever. It never glitches, ever.

XXX BK1 - with a novack 13.5 brushless setup for super stock. I was running a JR XS3 75 MHz FM but once I went brushless the f'ing thing started glitching like mad. I switched to a 75 Mhz AM and started sharing the XR2i with my truck. The only thing is, with the JR AM reciever, I still get some glitching, but much better than the FM.

XXX-4 - with a novak 8.5 brushless setup for mod. Currently running a 27 mhz AM futabla 2PL. It works well, but with all of the slash's at my track, I often run into frequency conflicts.

So basically, I am kicking around going with a 2.4 GHz setup, or just getting another futaba 75 Mhz AM reciever for my BK1 since it seems to work in my truck.

I was looking at the Spektrum DX3S because it has a good number of features, and more importantly it comes with two recievers so I could take care of both the BK1 and the xxx-4 with one shot. However, I had also read that the Futaba 3PM is a "better" setup that is less prone to glitching, but it's about the same cost as the DX3S and only comes with one RX.

In my mind, the DX3S is the best value, but if it glitched I would murder somebody. Thoughts?