R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 AM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
@CraigM: I can confirm that there will be no X12 StockSpec series released anytime soon, so no 13.5T for the moment.
Please make sure you have gearing & mechanical motor timing set correctly when burning stock motors using a stock brushless speed-control!
Thanks Reto. I don't touch the timing on my motors but there's something about profile 7 on the SPX stock spec that makes other brand's motors overheat exponentially. The same thing happened with both my novaks - profile 7 and geared to mid 60degC, I picked up a little more speed (e.g. a couple tenths) with setup changes and they fried. After I did the last motor I dropped back to profile 5 and the next motor temped below 60. Go figure. A similar thing has happened to 3 other people I know, their motors have temped well below "hot", they've got up 1 tooth (normally worth about 10degC) and their motors have cooked. The one person I know running SPX and LRP 10.5 is fine, drives his motor harder than all of us with no probs

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack, I was hoping an X12 10.5 would be on the horizon but I guess I'm stuck with the old stock spec for a while