R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What are some must have tools for Onroad racer?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
The OP indicated that he was considering getting a Losi TC. Hence, no included body, and the need for a body reamer. A reamer is a way better tool to use than a pair of scissors (and safer as well, since it is more controllable). Good luck making the holes for the TC wing with a pair of scissors.

A Dynamite reamer is about $17, but the Hudy is better for about $33 at Stormer. The Axial one is $9.99 at Stormer.
You can do it with a pair of scissors just don't go for the big ones. (I actually do the wing holes with a drill bit in a pin vice, but that is slower than the scissors). About control what can I say? Some people race cars using aero radios because they flew planes before they drove cars, it's just a problem of what you like to use. The reamer is just not a necessity, as I said. It is useful, no question about it, but not necessary.

I have been racing for about 14 years now and as I said, don't have a reamer and a number of other tools I can do very well without. Sure you can go out and splash on an infinite number of tools but soon find out that more than half are not necessary.