R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FDR? Rollout? Timing? - Need help with the basics
Old 04-05-2009, 02:18 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarryLeach

Unfortunately, these days the average public doesn't need to know how something works, only how to use it, so I didn't go into the engineeringese on how electric motors work and how to pull more power from them.
It's actually a bit more complicated than that and the more you look at it, the more you realise it is a misnomer. This is a lot more closer to the brushless systems. The magnetic field of your motor and the electromagnetic field in the rotor are actually "chasing" each other and what you call timing is actually a phase difference (an angle). In electrical engineering I think it is called "slide" or something like that.

Trust me, the engineering lesson hasn't even begun. And that is only one of the reasons why you shouldn't quote your online general references which can't help you with electrical engineering.

Sure, anyone needs to know only as much as they want, there is no law against it so feel free not to read any of this.

Cheers