R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thomas
The fit of the HPI wing on the underside of the Peugeot HD is very good. Its as if this wing was used to make the mold. No spacers were needed on the back side. I used four 2 x 56 screws to mount the leading edge of the wing to the splitter. I used an extra nut between the body and the wing to space it properly. I then smooth the area with electrical tape. The tape on the leading edge will need to be replaced once in a while. Inside the car, again, no spacers, Just tape to smooth out the gap in the wing and the gap between the wing and the body.
On the non HD body, I used double sided tape to secure 3 body post plastic spacers between the back edge of the wing and the body, then tape. It is important to have part of the wing parallel to the ground so that you get airflow underneath without turbulence (laminar flow). As the air hits the next curved section it expands and the vacuum is created.

The other cloth seen underneath is fiberglass that is glued on with fabric glue. The glue dries clear, adheres very well and penetrates the cloth to reinforce the fender tire cutouts.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Diffuser, Peugeot 905 B  HD 001.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	436903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Diffuser, Peugeot 905 B  HD 002.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	436904