R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XXXT MF2 transmission help please!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
JeromeK99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee55987
Well I use it on both dirt and street. (wherever really, bashing) To be honest I'm not a big fan of traxxas trucks, i guess i am a little stubborn. I cannot give up my losi.
When I was said blow I guess i just ment strip. I coud tell they were starting to wear my a clicking noise inside, then I punched it once and thats all she wrote. I'm thinking that metal gears wouldnt be a bad idea..i just wish the speet t tarns would work..I wonder if the internals would swap over. Hmmm. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a metal gear set for the MF2 trans...
Check your idler (middle gear) and see if its worn a bit.. also the tranny cases do wear out every once-in-awhile.. then the gears wobble and strip. Make sure the bearings are not messed up either. The diff should be able to handle that motor with no problems.

You aren't using reverse are you? If you are, make sure you are at a complete stop before going in the opposite direction.

Street driving can be a little rough on the diff.. but usually just wears out the balls and rings.

I don't ever remember seeing metal diff or idler gears available for the Gen II.

Jerome