R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trains and Lanes 2009 Off Road Racing Season (Northeast Pa) Easton PA
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
antg
Tech Rookie

Default start date, need man power

Ok guys I have talked to my friend who is bringing the machinery out and we set a date to start the build of the track. I know we are getting a late start but the machinery was out on a job but it will be at trains and lanes on Saturday april 11th and Sunday april 12th. We are going to do all the prep work saturday and Sunday we are going to do the leveling. I would like some people to come out and help on Sunday. This track is definately going in. As for the drivers stand I think we are going to build a mound of dirt 6 ft high and build the stand on top of that about 2 ft tall. This would put us standing 8 ft in the air over the track and would make the build a lot easier and cut the cost on lumber.

This weekend is to level the land and get the base of the track put in. Then in two weeks we are going to put in the actual racing layout and jumps in so that it get packed down properly and does not get blown out so quickly.

I hope to see you guys out there helping built the track. When it is done it is going to be a good track and a lot of fun to race on.