R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

JR's fail like the rest of them....the top cases are on the weaker side....the bushing will hold but the plastic retainer wont.....ive rebuild multiple JR's for a couple buddy's and have pics to prove my case....i have yett to post them anywhere but have them if need be......Next the ACE/AE 1015's.....they also have a weak top case which was recently updated with a brass insert....which will help the top case issue....but the gear's are still brass and the 1st gear off the motor is Nylon which has a tendency to fail.......Hitec on the other hand.....Titanium gears and a top case that i have Yet to have fail......where a BN outta the box Ace would fail...the Hitec 5955 prevailed....NO CHANGES to the vehicle....so after investing multiple 100's in my 6 or so 1015's i said NO MORE and went Hitec....ive NEVER looked back since.....now granted they aren't junk servo's....but as many time's as they have let me down at Big Event's....I Cant and WILL NOT trust them in my race gear.....bashing savage Sure...Race 8ight's Don't think so.