R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Brushless system for MI3
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
hal3146
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Which Brushless system for MI3

I just picked up a an MI3. I have been running off-road and this is my first time running on-road.

I have two brushless systems currently and am wondering which one to put in the MI3.

I have a castle creations sidewinder with the 4600kv motor. I ran this set-up in my Stampede with a 7-cell pack. I also have an LRP AI Pro ESC w/ Eraser 10.5 turn motor.

I will be running a 2S Lipo in the MI3. I have a ton of different pinions and spur gears so I can hit a wide range of ratios.

The other system will be going into my stampede. Can anyone compare these two systems? Is there that big a difference between the two? The LRP is sensored of course.

I have run both of them in my stampede. With the same gearing the LRP seems to have less power both in acceleration and top speed. It also seemed easier to control or finesse. I am not sure if this is the difference between a sensored and sensorless motor or the difference in power.

I can not find watts specs for the castle creations 4600kv motor to confirm my power suspicions.

So what are peoples thoughts on which motor/esc combo is used where? Both of them are used for playing. Not racing.

Thanks