R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
chicky03
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman

The Capital Classic is a good case study: $40 for one class, $15 for the second class, same classes as the proposed Nats, tons of extra expenses for the host (air conditioned restrooms, etc.), classy trophies, will most likely sell out, the list goes on and on. When people see this kind of commitment to r/c, they volunteer services, self promote it, seek means to make it better and they don't bitch about it. But best of all, they would pay more for it because they know it's worth it. Can the same be assumed for this event? If you can assure us this, then I'm all for it and I'll pay whatever the fee is.
This is not entirely directed to Sohlman but more to anyone who thinks they are not getting their money's worth for the nats.

The Capitol Classic, a fantastic race put on by fantastic people can't be compared to the Nats. Not that the nats is better or the CC is better but with the CC, Chris probably ( I am not positive ) lays out out a lot of his own money to make the race as great as it is. For the ROAR nats there are people to be flown in for tech, race announcing duties, people to run the computers etc and it's an organization. ROAR can't afford to lose money on a race, and they have in the past. If they lose money they go away and there is no organization to make rules and keep things in line as best as possible. Some faith has to put put into ROAR, we/The Gate did for the Carpet nats and we worked together to make it the best race anyone has ever been to( not my opinion, check out the carpet nats thread) I think Ted is one if the best race organizers out there, he is a racer and knows what racers want. So if Toledo and ROAR get together and do the best job they can it will be worth the money.

Look at it this way, You can spend $25 to club race at a carpet track for one day and get to run 6 times, 30 minutes at most. That consists of practice once, 4 quals and a main and you get pretty much nothing for it, no trophy, Shirt or what ever. For the Nitro nats you get all that plus virtually unlimited track time for 2 days of practice, 6 qualifiers, mains that if you do terrible in qualifying you might get to run 4 hours+ if you bump up all the way to the A main. So when you look at it that way it's a great value!! The Capitol Classic happens to be one of those exceptions to the rule where the entry fee is an exceptional deal. $80 a class is certainly worth 5 days to get a ton of track time and chance of winning a National title!! Plus the best parts is you get to come to see me and Seaball, why would you want to miss that?

Paul

Last edited by chicky03; 04-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.