R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
airwoods
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i owned a hpi sprint 2 with mamba electrics,parking lot raced with friends with it and local club raced with it also using better tires.The stock shocks i replaced with hpi competition shocks with lighter hpi springs,it made a big improvment in handling.One thing that really bugged me was the amount of play the steering had which made the car wander a bit and when i went to order a rear suspension mount that was bent from being rear ended at a race,was told it was discontinued,so i bent it back with a hammer sold it as a roller for 80 bucks and bought a new used cyclone s roller for 70 and never looked back and dont miss it at all.Great as a parking lot basher,but unless you dremmel a pieces of the rear bulk head for clearence plan on replacing rear belts as pebbles get trapped between the rear belt and bulk head and tear them up.I would get a cyclone s rtr.Ive never broken a c-hub yet,i just dremmeld the steering stop block enough to clear the hubs so they dont bang up against and break the c-hub which gave me more steering also and for the rear i dremmeld off the carrying handle or rear bumper some call it and all is fine