R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How much Fad is Slash
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
OTE_TheMissile
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee
I think that the truck is not a fad, AE waited to see if it was going to be a fad then decided to jump on the band wagon, I am sure that others will follow.
I've said this in another thread: I don't think AE waited to see if it would take off, I think AE and probably others like Losi and Kyosho were all primed and ready to start working on a Short Course truck of their own once they saw how the Slash was flying off the shelves, but before they could we somehow got on this "spec" business and everything came to a grinding halt.

Now that ROAR's working on the SCT class and more people are discovering that the truck's dimensions and these tires make bolting in crazy horsepower a disadvantage, I think the SC10 is going to be followed by a few more Short Course trucks from other companies and the class will grow.

If the Slash takes the same position in SCT as the Rustler did in stadium trucks, I don't see a problem with it. Most likely it will remain the cheapest way to get a Short Course truck on a track, and who knows, I've been surprised by a couple of Rustlers when placed in capable and talented hands.