R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you plug this ps into a wall socket?
Old 10-24-2003, 10:46 AM
PitCrew
Tech Elite

I just got one of those exact power supplies off Ebay. I took a standard AC power cord, cut off one end, and spliced the wires. There is NO polarity that needs to be observed on the AC side. Just don't touch those terminals when its plugged in. I tested it out by running two chargers on it both at 6amps charge. The voltage stayed above 14 volts. These little guys have some POWER!!! If you have half a brain you can wire this thing up (to AC).

My only question is what the V+S+ and V-S- terminal is for. I connected the chargers to these terminals, and they had power. I suspect its a "Signal" terminal like if you wanted to hook up a volt meter, but I am not sure.

Anybody have any ideas?

For $20 bucks, these power supplies are AWESOME!!! Also, you can run them in Parralell if you need more amps, say for a Dyno... Or if you wanted to run some car audio equipment off them. Heck, you can even use it to charge your car battery(real car) SLA battery.