R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Boomer
Tech Elite

I completely agree, and have been in the minority on this thread for a LONG time.

I've been running my NTC3 nearly stock from the 2001 Norrca Nats. Stock tank, stock pipe (single chamber even) - only mods I made were upgraded spring in the steering rack (which I think it now comes with), upgraded to Lunsford all the way 'round (which I do on all cars), blade sway in front, RPM bumper, and home-made "FIX" both front and back.

The argument used to be that TheFix was necessary and I agree, but not for performance, but to stop the chain of parts breaking if you have a bad accident, which I was going to have and will continue to have no matter how well I drive (see sig for the original Murphy's Law).

I did recently upgrade to the BMI chassis (Gen 1) and I will say that it has made this car far more solid and stable. The car was a BLAST to drive stock. With the BMI chassis as its single major upgrade, it's even better. Other than that (and the above listed hops) this car is still pretty much stock (not even a one-way).