View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Riketsu
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Thank you guys for your feedback.

DJ, could you please comment on the:

1) do you consider a must for this setup the brass battery tray and the 30grams in the bumper? if yes, why?
2) tire size, do you intend to enter the 30 mins final with 60.5/59? what is the min acceptable diameter and difference rear/front at the end?
3) is the DR 75% in the acceptable range with this setup?
4) does the front solid cause premature wear to certain parts like front cvds or anything else?

//BR
Dimitris
1) The brass filler will make the car stiff in the front, which in my own experience reduces the nervousness and allows it to be more controllable. The brass battery will make your car fill more stable in all parts of the track.
2) Tire size depends completely in your track. For instance, here we start with new rear tires and front tires split of 2.5-3mm. And even so, we almost end up on the rim
3) The dual rate is a good setting, I'd just suggest you keep it at 75-80 and adjust your car accordingly. If by anychance you are about to start the main, and you feel your car has alot of oversteer or understeer, you can easily fix this with dual rate.
4) I would say yes, remember its restricting the complete movement. But, if you add a drop of lubricant before going out in the front CVDs joints and in the solid axle's outdrives, youll see that there wont be any noticeble wear.