R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is my Novak Thermaling?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 PM
JoshM20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys,
The motor never gets over 135-140...

Yea, It has a clear fan on it, I think that is another problem. Does the old B44 bodies not help? Seems like the body is almost laying on the speedo fan.

Also I got this car used, well it was new, but it was from someone else. Yea the 3.5 is obviously to much Although I can use it and am fast with it. Scary to think how hard I could push the buggy if I didn't have to be as conservative.

I think the speedo had a crazy amount of drag brake, I mean the car would damn near do a front flip when I went to Neutral. I dialed out alot of it in my radio because I was not sure how to program the Speedo.

I am not sure what it is geared at, I can only open it up on the straight, the infield I am feathering it. That is why it confused me on why the speedo was getting so hot, I guess even though I am being light on it the current draw when I do open it up must be pretty high.

I will get the gearing tomorrow, it's pouring and I have it in my car, I know it is a small pinion though, I would guess around a 15-17.

Do you think I should try the fan first? I may just send it in and get a 5.5-6.5. Although I really wanted to play around with it in my TC.

Josh