R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY FK'05 setup
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:15 AM
rockstar81
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. I have swapped shocks off a car that doesn't do this as well as suspension parts, checked downstops, checked chassis and bulkheads for straightness, measured shocks, tried w/ batt. strap and without, checked ride height, camber and toe front and rear, rotated tires and tried others, steering radius is nearly dead even, arm mount positions. I do not have a tweak board at the moment, but I'm going to try and pick one up this weekend. I have not checked balance, how does the home brew method work? Also I will be using in all likelyhood a Maxamps 6500 pack, probably heavier than most. It just seems that when I'm turning that the front end just bites much more to the left typically coming out of corners on throttle bringing the back around. I have raised the ride height too high on the right rear corner and that seems to take care of it to some extent but my cornering suffers to the right then. I have tried all sorts of ride height and other adjustments (one at a time) and nothing beside taking the batt. strap off helps at all. Thanks for all your help and suggestions thus far.