R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
Clean the shocks as if they were brand new, use brake cleaner to remove the excess oil. buy new o-rings for the bottom, and buy new shock bladders. the TRF or Cyclones are imho the best for this shock. These parts wear as they move in the shock. I build mine with no foam spacers. Make sure there are no defects in the shock shaft itself, if there is, this might be a good time to get a new set of shafts (always good to have the old ones as spares.
Rebuild the shock with the new o-rings and bladders, do not use pliers to clamp the shock shaft when putting the ball cup back on the shock shaft, this will make the shock leak as there will be an immediate defect. If built correctly you should have nice smooth shocks that will be very consistant. I clean and rebuild my shocks once a week and i've had no problems. Replace bladders probbly once every blue moon (if i see signs of leaking) and o-rings every 6 weeks or so. Remember, every time you move the piston up and down, oil will come out, only a very small ammount, but still, if you leave it long enough, there will be problems.

Hope this helps.