R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
sidecarphil1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
+1 good post. Im not a fan of putting any weight past the axle lines. If you want to add weight (its a VERY good idea) id place it around the battery area or just behind it. Im currently running my electronics high over the battery, and a tonne of lead in the rear compartment, stuck to the bottom. if you want to run your elecs in the rear compartment, personally, id stick lead to the bottom of the compartment first, then stick your elecs to the lead.

Tony and the rest of the guys here are always spot on with these little things. Go to your local tire shop and ask for a few sticks of the stick on tire weight lead. Add alot of lead to that mini (in the right places) and you will be amazed. My mini absolutely flies, and its 100g over our min weight with a lipo.
i have my reciever in the rear but the speedo is behind the servo as it's tiny LOL

i have altered the suspension tonight

it was set really low and stiff as we were racing on carpet a couple of weeks ago , i dont have roll barsor a ball diff but am thinking about buying them , do they really work on the M chassis ???

and failing that i will add some weight , i'm a little reserved as to adding weight as i think it may slow the car down but i will try your advice on saturday