R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - x-5, still a competitive buggy?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:48 AM
y2kgtp
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9
i have a couple of xxx-4 G+ that i pulled out of the closet to run some, rather than going out and buying all new 4wd buggy. My problem is the belt skipping teeth with the power of lipo and brushless, any good solutions to this problem? xx-4 have this problem?
I think Losi had a trick of trimming every other tooth off the belt (no clue how\why this would work.

They also put out a HD belt kit that should help your issues:

Team Losi now offers an enhanced heavy-duty drive belt system for their XXX-4 off-road and XXX-S on-road racecars. These models revolutionized Four Wheel Drive with their super efficient and low maintenance enclosed single belt drive train. As with any cutting edge technology there is always something to be learned and these enhanced belt drive systems are the product of several years of World Championship winning experience and countless hours of prototyping and track testing. In general, there is less skipping while the belt is actually running loser for even less rolling resistance. This equates to better acceleration and run time. The LOSA3277 HD Drive Belt Kit for the XXX-4 includes a belt as well as a new tension arm and machined idler pulley with dual ball bearings that only changes the geometry a little but eliminates any unwanted flex.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ve-Belt/Detail