R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 09:25 AM
SpeedTech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I tried out my R2 last night (mid night run) first I want to say that it is never a good idea to run your car on the street, at night, with parked cars around (no I didn't hit anything....except I backed into the curb and chip the chassis a bit... ) Having said that...I had a mild 11x3 in there, slightly over geared...and good lord does this thing fly!!! To be honest, I never tried the car in mod, at most 19T at the Reedy Race...the acceleration out of the car is unbelieveable, and this is only a 11x3. The car is scary fast...maybe I should run stock this coming Sunday

One thing I noticed, and for those that have been having front one-way problems with the one-way bearing pins. You might want to check and make sure that there is O-ring spacer in the outdrive. This will ride against the universal dogbone to prevent the outdrives from coming out of the one-way housing. Without this Oring, the one-way outdrive will work it self out of the housing and then the outdrive will only be riding on a portion of the one-way bearing and the bushing on the outside. This puts a lot of stress on the one-way bearing and it can cause the pins to move in its housing. Guys with quad bearing one-ways won't have to worry about this I assume, but it's still a good idea to have the Oring in there

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 10-22-2003 at 09:33 AM.