R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CORR Help
Thread: CORR Help
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heeltoedrver
i figured that was going to be the response, i should have said 2s 35c 5000mah lipo powering a 13.5t brushless. i know that the truck is not out, so in a slash what would this do?
The way the proposed rules for the SCT (trucks class with Slash and SC10) class read you the motor required is a 17.5 brushless or 27t stock motor. With this you caqn use a 2S 7.4V LiPo battery.This speed is more than enough for these trucks with the standard tires and typical tracks.

If you are not racing, a 13.5 would be very fast. i have used this as well but the slower speed of the 17.5 results in faster lap times on my local track.

I have been running the SC10 with the LRP 17.5 and 5000 20C battery. After a 5-minute race and upon recharging the battery, I add between 700mAh and 1100mAH. Without stopping, I could get probably get 15 minutes comfortably and likley up to 20 minutes.

I can't give an idea of truck speed as in a racing environment your speed is your lap time. Actual MPH does not matter.

There is a good AC/DC charger by Dynamite that plugs right in and charges LiPos. I would recommend this, and an LRP Sphere ESC with an LRP 17.5 stock spec motor. You will probably get many suggestions about other motors and ESCs but a sensored type like the LRP (or others) gives the best throttle feel and drivability so at least stick with the sensored type.