R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 03:05 AM
David Root
Tech Addict

Default Battery Temps

I have found setting the peak to different #s depending on the condition of the pack and how much of a charge it had in it and ambient temp all can effect peak setting.

If the pack is dead, and trayed, peak deosn't need to be as high.

If you are charging at a higher amp rate, use a slightly lower peak.

If the batteries are half charged, Raise the peak so they are good and warm after the charge is complete.

Charging at a lower amp rate can use a slightly higher peak.

If a pack is cold from out side or just a cool day, raise the peak to make it warm, and if its 90 in the shade, cut it back a little.

All these are for the goal of getting a good 'n warm pack off the charger ready to race. These settings are still between the 30 to 50 Mv (.030 to .050 VOLTS) range for the whole pack. Getting a consistant temp when done charging is going to make for more consistant racing.

Just my thoughts, I hope The FU guys don't mind. Please correct me if I am wrong.

No one answered my Q about the power cube battereies having a label on them. Have they been run through the matcher?

Skip,
If my packs are going to false peak it seems to be around the 10 minute mark or 1,000 to 1,200 Ah. Are your packs warm? Did you start with a partially charged pack?

David Root