R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - gen x 10 vs 10r5
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:55 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
That's a nice track! Nice and technical. Plus I am sure you guys are loving that fresh Ozite carpet. :P

100/33 = 3.03 FDR

What size is your rear tire? I wanna see what your roll-out is. I may try slapping a 21.5 BL motor into my baby and see what happens. I think the 17.5 BL motor is not going to be liked by the 13.5 NiMH guys. My car is very fast. But then again, I am running a 70/27 combo. LOL!! I am surprised my foam doesn't rip off when I punch the car. I also have the ESC set to +6 boost. HAHAHAHA!!

I think my car may be a little too fast for your track.
Rollout right now is at 57.90 mm. Rear tires are down to 2.2 inches and ride height adjusted so the mid point of the motor is lower than the rear axle. Actual height is right around 4.5 mm. With the fronts at 2.1 inches, the front ride height is around 4 mm. Nice positive rake. In my opinion, its the perfect motor battery combo for this car for this track.

My pan chassis F1 now grips, but it took putting BSR Pearl Whites on the rear and Blacks on the front. I had double pinks front and back and ended up with sliding in the rear and chunking in the front. With a 17.5 I'd expect about the same with the CRC, its just too much car for the track. Geared at 88/26 and stock tire height of 2.38, rollout for this one is right around 53 mm.