R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Bandit
Thread: Traxxas Bandit
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Chimer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Put some blue loctite on the motor screws to keep the motor from loosening up so easily. Be sure your gear mesh is "just right". The mesh between the small gear on the motor(pinion gear) and the spur gear. You want a little bit of "play" between the two. The easiest way to accomplish this is by inserting a piece of paper between the gears, mesh the gears together with the paper between them, and tighten the motor mount screws. If the gear mesh is not correct it can damage the gears, cause the motor/ESC to run hotter, lower your run times, and run slow.
I would upgrade to a Spektrum/2.4ghz radio system so you don't have to worry about interference from other radio's. An upgraded radio would also have many more features that would be very useful for future motor/ESC combos and racing. If you are getting into racing at some point you may want to upgrade the steering servo. A faster responding steering servo makes a big difference, especially after you upgrade the motor/ESC and the car drives much faster.
If your wheel nuts keep coming off you could put blue loctite on the axle threads.
Thank you for serving in Iraq for us. My buddy learned how to play guitar when he was over there. I am glad to hear you are staying entertained with r/c cars.