R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spruce
anyone experience the motors making like a cogging/grinding noise until they are up to speed?

My setup is.... 4 cell 1/12th scale,Duo 17.5 set at 0degrees (according to the endbell) Tekin RS running 1.89 software with the boost maxed out. the motor sounds fine at slow speeds and at full speed but it makes almost like a "cogging" noise coming out of the corners. Motor temps were 155 F after 8 minutes.
I also had a 10.5 do somewhat the same thing but it only did it from a dead stop/ full throttle punch (had the boost set at 15 with the 10.5)

any ideas? BTW running sensor only with both motors.
I don't know if your having the same problem I did, but I was getting a LOT of diff slippage after I switched to brushless a few months ago. I'm running the diff tighter than I ever did with brushed motors...

It took me a while to recognize it as diff slip... with brushed motors, the sound of a slipping diff was different, like a high pitched screech, with the brushless, the sound was lower in pitch and nowhere near as loud... more like a grind or buzz kind of sound...