R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traders Dispute Thread: Scams, Complaints, etc...
Old 03-21-2009, 07:10 PM
ganja
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Traders Dispute Thread: Scams, Complaints, etc...

I would like to warn people here in rctech about an untoward incident regarding a transaction between me and an alleged seller in rctech. Here it goes (mahabang istorya ito ha) pero a good read.

I posted an ad in the in the buy and sell tread, regarding a used savage F4.6 engine. Posted my number (now removed) and asked them to PM me their offers. There were some offers but it was the wrong engine model. Then got a text saying that he have the same engine for sale. I asked him about the condition and his reply was ( I’ll quote and copy paste all his text since all was saved and documented)
“Gud n gud to sir hnd lost bgay ko nalang ng 2taw hnd laspag to sir”.
Hey that’s cheap…. So I asked him if he have a land line so I can call. his reply was
“Wala me lan lane sir daxbrandy user ko sa rctech” (I later learned that he was not the real "daxbrandy" when I verified thru PM the real Daxbrandy).

I asked him where we can meet up and told him I can get it that same day or Thursday since coding ako ng Wednesday.

Reply:
“Layo m pala sa tarlac p ako sir im jondi maning@$ gusto nyo p lbc ko nalang”. But I have to add 200 for the shipping. That afternoon I called his number and we had a talk.

Asked him if it was .28 F4.6 engine and said it was .25 that came with his savage 25.(It turned out that he was offering me the wrong part since my engine is a different model) Notwithstanding, I decided na sige kunin ko nalang for my friend kasi nag hahanap din sya ng parts ng .25.

That night he sent me a text “Bukas p lbc ko adres m”. I told him I’ll see since coding ako the following day I would try. And asked him his bank account no. reply: “Tagal p bka pwd bukas narin ned kulang bukas sir kaya ko bebenta” (Apparently, he was eager to push thru with the sale) then he sent an account no. “Ito sa BDO xxxxx50598 J. M. DELEON. SA HIPAG KO YAN SIR KASI BRTDAY NG ANAK KO BUKAS BI2LE KO NG CEL KULANG SIR PAMBILE KO KAYA KO BINENTA ENGINE”.( the account was valid, but its in Bulacan. Which is unusual since he told me he was from Tarlac.) I sent him a message, (Ok. I'll let u know kung n p dala ko n. Around 10am to 3pm. Can u reply s pm ko sayo s rctech. Thanks)That same night I sent a PM to the real daxbrandy and asked him his account no. and asked him some info.

The following morning I sent him again a text (Gud am bro. Can u pls reply s private message ko sayo s rctech. Tapos let me know so i can check. Just want to make sure you are the same person. Hope you understand. Thanks) the reply was “Cge thk sir tex nyo nalang po ako sir God bls samahan ko nalang ng dalawang bgong glo plug thk” (The answer was unresponsive to my request for verification thru RCtech).

I still insisted that he reply to pm PM. The answer I got was “Oky ito nga hulog ko maya maya”, Bos maya p ako maka on lane kasi my work p papa hulog ko engine sa isang kasamahan ko sa work kasi sa fild cya sa labas tapos mga bgo mag 10 send ko truking # daxbrandy ko sa rc tech bos hnd ko sirain name ko sa halagang 2taw sa rctech. “K thk po pascnya n brtday lang kid ko umasa kasi cel god bls u more ingat” “Sir p k tex nalang po ako para mabile kuna gif sa kids ko”.

Later that day he sent me a tracking no. “Tarlac brnch trucking # 191034362997”. so I went to my suking LBC branch and asked them to check it for me. They told me that the no. was an international tracking no. Sent him a txt and said the no. was not valid and if he can send the name of the sender. “Sir saglit lang po my mga truck kasing dumating mag baba ng dilever send ko ulit maya maya pag sagot sa tex”,
OMAR PASCUAL PO SIR”,

“Ito sir sumagot n 181024362996 my mali pala cyang send ng una burahin m yan tama dto n cya dala risibo”.I learned that the new tracking no. was again invalid. It came from Bulacan from a certain (L.Benedicto, No. XXX Mabini st. Sabang Baliuag Bulacan). but the item (PSP) was sent March 10 to Bacolod Negros Occidental ( March 18 nun binigay nya yng tracking no. All the inconsistencies started to add up).

Any way to cut the story short I have informed the BDO Bank in Bulacan. Fortunately, he inadvertedly informed me that the BDO branch in Bulacan was just in front of their residence or office. “Bos account nalang daw sabi ng hipag ko sa bulacan.tapat kasi nila bdo.” In the text he said hipag nya. And later he said pinsan nya daw yun.(Another inconsistent statement).

To the Moderators, sorry mahaba I’m sure this lesson will benefit the Sellers and Buyers of the RC community.

PS

Under the law, Electronic Documents (SMS, Email, Fax etc) are now admissible in court so long as the source can be verified (Electronically signed). So wait a while before erasing SMS, PM or Emails after a transaction..Although 2nd hand goods does not have any implied warranties under the law, if the seller expressly so states (good as new, no defects etc..)it will be considered as such, and if the contrary appears, then it will be considered as a breach of the warranty stated, hence the buyer is entitled to damages and such other reliefs..(Assuming you file a case).

Pls post your experience/reactions regarding internet scammers (im sure it will be interesting and informative) thanks

Last edited by ganja; 03-21-2009 at 08:07 PM.