R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I believe the short wheelbase cars could help the VTA effort but I don't think running them together would be the way. Keep them separate. Give those that like what it has to offer a place to call there own so to speak. Given the effort thats gone in to VTA and with the VTA spirit in mind, the motor combos should be adopted across the board. Why change a good thing. Thats assuming there's no legitimate reason the smaller cars NEED further adjustment for speed differences. The realism, the slower pace, the overall impression that VTA is more for fun than anything else is what drew a burnt out RCer like me back into racing. Someone mentioned the RCGT class ....I'm a little confused by this. Its basically the same old keep up with the joneses program in a different wrapper. Yes the body choices are cooler but isn't 27t/6 cell racing part of what got touring class into the fix its in now? Whats different(aside from 17.5/LiPos)? Gotta have bigger batteries, better esc, newest chassis ? Same old formula, different wrapper. Thats the difference with VTA....you guys have embraced the idea of slowing things down. The Cup Racer isnt widely available yet ; let the clubs try it out if they wish and keep an eye on its success then think about adding "mini" chassis as a separate VTA class.

Last edited by Evoracer; 03-21-2009 at 05:34 PM.