R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Trips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Well just to follow up with our conversation yesterday...

We had our weekly club race last night and I decided to experiment more with tires than chassis setup (even though Trips' advice sounded right on the money ).

Rather than the Yellow/Lilac setup I was using before I tried Yellow/Dbl Pink and found that the car worked pretty well with the fronts sauced about 1/2. Setup like that I got quite a bit more steering throughout the corners and could carry more speed than before. I ended up TQ by 1 lap and won the main by 3 laps (2nd place had a few issues). This is on moderate sized track with low to medium grip carpet that is anything but smooth. The lack of traction is a big reason why I haven't been able to get the Grey tires to work for me on the rear!

I think next week I'll go back to Lilac fronts and try the chassis changes that Trips suggested and see if I can get the car to work even better.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike,

TQ and the win... NICE!

Most of my racing is on smooth high grip carpet, so don't take everything I suggest as gospel... TQ by a lap suggests that the tire change you made might be the better way to go at that particular track...

If the changes I suggested work out well, great, but if it doesn't seem like it's working, don't hesitate to go back to what DOES work...