R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Passing
Thread: Passing
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 PM
aeRayls
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This was a funny incident(for me)at the last trophy race I went to. Tight indoor track, 2whl mod A main. I was leading the main and 2nd was maybe 12-15 feet behind. We were lapping people at this point some for the second time. We come up on this guy that had been difficult to get by the whole day(he was in my quals). He can hold his line, but was slow and this is a tight track and I think this was the second time we were lapping him. Anyway, I am right on him and losing time, 2nd is now on me. I go wide out of a corner to hit this long table top(not the line) just to get around him. 2nd goes inside and now has position on me, I let him have it. He follows the guy a few corners and goes for a pass, he has position on him BUT the lapper gets into him and only the leader gets wrecked, I knew it would happen. Leader says "what the hell man" lapper says " you gotta wait for it"(the pass). I just smile and go on for the win. When leaders are stackin up behind you like your the pace car under caution...MOVE! Just swing wide in any corner, do it right and you wont even lose a whole second that lap. When someone moves for me I almost always say thanks, and if my race is goin bad I tell people, "hey next corner" or "goin wide". Communication and Courtesy go a LONG way.