R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Passing
Thread: Passing
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:36 PM
trilerian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Most people, well.. Most racers, will say that they try and pass clean, but what happens after they begin their move, is out of their hands. You can never truly predict what the other car will do, yes, you can have a good idea what he will do, but there are no guarantees. How many racers though, actually know when they are beat? How many racers really know that because they went a little wide they gave up their line, and the only way to get it back is to cause an incident? There is a difference between blocking and trying to retake a line you lost. Now blocking is fine, so long as you are blocking position. There is no need to block the leader when he is lapping. Blocking is figuring out which line the passer will take and stealing it without hitting his car. Now people who dive bomb corners are idiots, and when I said beating someone to the apex, I mean with control and without hitting the other guy. If the other guy runs into you because he is trying to retake the line, well, his fault. But dive bombing, yeah those guys are just plain annoying and I can't stand racing against them.

Anytime I cause an incident, and it creates a position change, I will let the other guy back ahead. But there are some who don't, they seemingly gladly run into you and take over position without care. It seems that some people just concentrate too much on their own cars and don't care who they hit to get where they are going.

What to do when you are being crowded into the tubes? Do you give em a bump to let them know you are there, do you let off and let them go ahead? This generally happens on a long straight, you are side by side with someone, your line is perfect for the corner, he is a little wide, he starts crowding you, you give a little he crowds more. At some point do you fight for your line? You are on it, technically it is your line, but bumping down the straight could lead to a big incident.