R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Central Florida 1/8th Electric
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
nichocgn
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skelly1344
I have 2 converted X1-CR's and converted X1-CRT. A friend of mine is just about to build a converted X1-CR as well. It's quite possible that we may be up for racing within the next couple of months.

Does anyone know what kind of rules there are at WoW and Daytona for electric 1/8th? How about battery limitations (cell count, hard/soft case, etc.)? I have 0 hard cased ROAR approved Lipos and really don't want to have buy them if I don't have to.

Also, anyone want to share their motor/ESC info?

Here's mine:
X1-CR # 1 - Neu 1512/2D on a MMM
X1-CR # 2 (planning a CORR conversion) - Castle Monster 2200kv combo
X1-CRT - Neu 1515/1Y on a MMM

My batts are 4S 25C Neu 4900mAh and 5S 25C 5000mAh Thunder Power.

Officialy any track that is a ROAR track should be enforcing the hard case for saftey reasons. That being said I dont know very many tracks that are inspecting for hard case batteries. I can bet as the class gets popular someone will complain. But by that time you will probably be buying more anyway. Neither WOW or Daytona has ever said anything to me about batteries. I have run a soft case in my 10th scale for 3 years.

As of last time I raced at both tracks neither one has an electric only class for 1/8th. I know that either track would love to have a class of these if there are enough people. Personally I dont want my own class until we can get aobut 8 people. I made an 8th to have people to run against.

Also neither track changes their main length as of this time because you are electric. I know one guy made a 20 with some 4s 6500 but he was fairly smooth. So you would need to plan on a battery change at most tracks if you are in the Amain.

Personally battery cell count is not relevant to me. Once you have so muuch power these things are not controllable. So have fun with what you have. Also if you keep adding batteries for the length of a main sooner or later the weight in the systems gets to cause car balanace issues. This is another one of those. When it gets really popular some person will complain. Once again it aint in the next year I am willing to bet. So dont worry.

Personal thoughts about the tracks. - I like them both. Wow is slightly bigger then Daytona I believe but neigther one is a monster track. I think Dc is pretty big but I have never been there. Electric outlets at WOW do not exist. You will need to borrow power from someone with a generator or bring your own. Daytona has electric at its track. Both surfaces tend to be a hard pack clay. I have found great people at both tracks.

I am planning on running at Daytona this Saturday. Bring your stuff out and run.

Both sites have websites. You can go to RC signup and find the addresses as I dont have them with me right now. www.rcsignup.com

Last edited by nichocgn; 03-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.