R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 4wd buggy vs. 1/8 4wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 AM
y2kgtp
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
I get the feeling from the majority of your post on this thread,and pardon my ignorance here if I am off based,but the 2 classes you are considering here are not really the classes for you.4wd mod or e-1/8.Your choices in equipment,which is in the case in anything in life,is that you get what you pay for.If 120 dollars is too much for a quality pack,then this is the wrong class or possibly hobby for you.I know very few people who would settle on inferior or antiquated equipment if they are racing.I have a racing budget and rarely buy things that I don't need,but at this level of class,buying items that will be competitive and will last is important to me and to most people who race these classes.
I am a cheap bastard, and I admit that.

I am going to try out 1/10th 4WD shortly, as my buggy has not shown up yet. I picked a XXX-4 so I could use the same batteries I use for my Truck. ProTek 4000Mah 30C's from A Main. Think I paid 60$ each for them, now they have the hard case for 20$ more or so. Work fine for me. Just local club racing.

If I like the class, but want to change the buggy in the future, i don't want to be "stuck" with the top of the line stick packs, as I might switch to saddle style depending on the buggy.

I don't think the batteries matter as much in the 1/10th class as they do in the 1/8th class due to the current they have to pull to get the buggy moving.

I'm sure people will argue this fact, but i don't think the differences are as drastic as the batteries from the 80's and 90's......I cringe on what I used to dump on 6-8 matched\zapped packs for a season, just to replace 6-12 months later when newer\better stuff came out.