R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advertising Policy Feedback & Ideas
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Macky
I've read nothing but high praise for this forum and the job Shane is doing. Everyone sems to think it is one of the best if not the best forums on the internet. What bothers me is the fact that people seem to want something in return for donating. If the site is so good why not just donate $10 or so. I for one think this is "THE BEST" forum around relating to rc. All the information you can get. Setup help. Build help. You name it and it's on here. You even get to talk to Pro, semi-pro, and great drivers. I'm not sure how many people here have sold an item on Ebay before, but if you do you can bet you'll be paying Ebay some money. Now how many people have sold items on here and didn't pay a "red cent". I for one have sold many items on here without having to pay anything to Shane. Is this fair? Some say yes. I think different. Whenever I sell a few items I donate some of my money back to make RC Tech a better forum. You know it's kind of like giving back. I know there are a lot on teens and people going to college that can't really afford to donate even a penny. I also know that there are plenty of people that could donate. Sorry for the long post but I had to vent. I will keep donating and the only thing I expect/want in return is for RC Tech to be there for me when I get online. Wouldn't it be pretty bad if this site just shut down because of the out of pocket money and time Shane puts into this site. Does anyone remember RCTouring? A great source of information that just disappeared overnight. I don't know about you but I don't want that to happen here. This sight has helped me learn more about rc. It has kept me awake at work on the 3rd shift(shiftwork sucks). It has also helped me becomes friends with some great guys. Let's keep it going.
By the way, I completely agree!

Futureal, I will send you a donation next week (I get paid Friday, so nothing will happen until then. . .heh heh)

I've looked at other RC boards and this is the ONLY one that I return to. This is my RC Posting Home. Nothing else comes close.