R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Central Florida 1/8th Electric
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
vnmsgt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Hope you will come out and race. We do not have our own class yet but I hope that will change in the future.

I went to WOW and ran Today. It was a blast. I was second in the main until I pulled off. It was about 13 mins into the 20 min main. I was not willing to run my 5000 down to the LVC. They have a Rythem section that well kicks the crud out of most people. It is really hard to hit it over and over and over. I dont think anyone hit it more then 3 times in a row correctly.
They will get there though.

There were 2 guys running electric Caster buggies and trucks there. they did pretty well. Only real problems were with radios of all things for them. None of the systems had any major issues.

All in all my RC8e ran perfectly. I had no issues. temps after the 10 min runs wer mid 140 for motor and 130 for the esc.

One of the guys had dean plug issues with them coming appart. So anyone running deans may want to zip tie them.
Hey, you were the guy with the Associated electric right? This is Chris. I race the Caster Fusion buggy and Caster F8T electric truggy. Glad to hear you had a great time. Was my first time out with the electrics and YES I need to zip tie my deans connectors lol! I am going to start running electric over nitro at the tracks that allow me. So Daytona guys, c'mon down down to WOW.

About the generator. I usually have mine, its small but works. Also get a inverter for your car. I plug my charger in that and it gets power from the power outlet in your car (cigarette lighter). Been doing that for awhile too.

Also DC off road park will allow you to run electric with nitro. Both DC and WOW will do a serarate class if enough electrics show up. Outacontrol is the only one that I think will not allow electric with nitro.