R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Body Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 AM
HarryN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
That could be why then, indoors with barriers.
I am outdoors with grass run offs, and a 155ft main straight.
I switched the green springs to the front and red to the rear. Now it grips, and it steers beautifully. The Sophia GT body works a little better, but the Protoform C6-R Corvette body still dominates. When I didn't coat the front tires with Jack the Stripper, the Sophia GT was pushing way too much into turns. The Corvette was SOLID!! I coated the front tires, the Sophia GT was a little better, but still was pushing. The Corvette was much better since I could push into turns harder.

I am trying to wonder why the doorstop design was chosen. If it was to provide more downforce, I only see it in the rear. The front grip is vague at best. But as far as I understood it, and reading John Stranahan's post, don't you WANT a higher nose to provide better downforce for the front? And if the nose is low, shouldn't you use a front lip? I am not liking the Sophia GT body still.

I may try the Parma Aston Chicky Doorstop-9 next. Hopefully that body will provide better results.

Score: Scale "Realism" 2. Doorstops .5 (because of great rear downforce and adjustable wing position).