R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Losi buggy
Thread: New Losi buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 AM
warpig
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Just a though....

I would like to jump in here... I am just curious... If you're a fan of 4wd electric. Why wouldn't you just get an 1/8 brushless? It's going to be a huge class in the next couple years. The sooner people that get them the quicker it would happen. The initial cost is up there but the rewards are greater than I've ever seen in 1/10 4wd or any any other class for that matter.

As far as the cost goes... Companies like SMC are making batteries that are very superior to others and very competitive in pricing. The brushless systems are also very cost effective. If anyone has experience with 1/8 buggy they would realize the chassis is cost effective as well (considering you aren't running nitro so no fuel, plugs, clutch parts.. etc).

The only thing I can think of is that I know a couple guys at our local track have said they like the 1/10 electric because not very many people race them. They only like to race a couple people at a time. Either that or the fact 1/8 brushless is a new class. Even saying that I would feel there will be more 1/8 brushless buggies this year at most tracks than 1/10 4wheelers. I can't imagine next year and the year after.

I guess I just see 1/8 brushless as having so many positives that I don't know why someone that is a fan of 4wd electric wouldn't want to race the class. They are durable, there is plenty of competition in 1/8 buggy, you can race many more types of tracks, you can run indoor offroad, with brushless/lipo there is hardly any maintenance, and you can program the car to do your bidding with software.

just my .02 on this... The new Losi 8ight-E 2.0 is a really well thought out car. If they make a new 1/10 4wd they should just miniaturize the 1/8 buggy and be done with it.

Ben