R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Baja 5B Exhaust Options - Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 AM
CmdGrimlock
Tech Adept

Default HPI Baja 5B Exhaust Options - HopUp Advice

Hey All,

Long time no post . Well, I am moving on from my Nitro toys to the "big boys" league. I have scored a brand new Baja 5B RTR "Rev 2" for a good price from my bro inlaw (it should be here late next week).

This is what he brought, but changed his mind after waiting too long for it to come in stock

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=350176787813
New in box, HPI Baja 5B RTR v2.0 23cc 1:5 scale

New features that differ from the original RTR Baja 5B include;

**Three New Body Colors, Subdued Gray, Hot Red and Cool Blue**

**Revised 23cc Engine with 10% More Power**
**Larger Capacity Muffler**
**High Performance 8000 RPM Clutch**
**Gunmetal Anodizing on all Aluminum Parts**
**VVC/HD Shock Absorbers**
**Torx T27 Engine Screws**
Now, I would have loved to get the SS but it wasnt an option and I couldnt resist the 5B. Anyways, I know some things will need to be done with it, so where do i start?

Its only for bashing at the local development sites / ovals etc and when i get a chance, the dunes! (when some paddles are on the budget).

- I thought Exhaust 1st as stock sounds crap from the googling I have been doing and I am sure that a few extra HP will come of it. I am after a quiet-ish (I dont to wake a 4 block radias) but sweet sounding.
- Radio / Servo's??? The standard Gear will get my by for a bit, but whats a good combo to look at? I have a JRXS3 Radio now that i use for my Truggy and Buggy, should I get another receiver for that? I have been happy with it so far!
- What else should i be putting on the check list?

Where ever i buy the gear from, it needs to have Paypal. I am in Australia but don't mind buying from the USA either.

Thanks Guys.

Grim.

Last edited by CmdGrimlock; 03-20-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Title change and Updates