R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was the lucky enough to TQ and win the "Demo" Race for the CORRC club this weekend.

First Danny - SMC - Thanks!!! for the great support ... along with the converstation that we had at Snowbirds for this race. As CDee and Scottrick said the power was very good. I was putting 1600ma to 2000ma back after each run. I did charge at 6amp, as I was using the same charger for another class as well, but changing back to 1 cell. Time was less than Scottrick, using a Pro-Trak that had been updated for Lipo.

ESC - Tekin RS, which I have in all cars and that takes a few as I run oval as well as onroad and not just one class. I did not use a swith with mine. I put a plug soldered to the deans plug form the ESC (so it would stay in the car) and then pluged the mentioned booster into it and then into the battery box.
I did not turn on the ESC and it worked without any issues for every run.

I was running the similar tires on my SpeedMerchant Rev5 for 1 cell, so I tried something for the mains. I had put my other car into the 1/12 stock main, but felt this car was faster, so I ran the same settings on the Tekin for 17.5 DUO with 4 cells and then 10.5 DUO for the one cell class (more boost was in for 17.5). Just had to turn on the receiver. My lap times were a little faster, but with the same basic run. Tires were black / yellow for 1 cell and black / Graylow for stock. I did adjust the pod drop for the weight difference, but every thing else was the same.

And just to prove me right on the chassis, I pulled 2 more laps with this car in A2 for 1/12 stock than I did for my best qualifier with the other chassis. So the Tekin and DUO stay, but need to probably swith chassis.

The comment from Scottrick on the diffence being "Stock is a Dump Truck" to the 1 cell as a "Sport Car" is just about dead on.

So count me in for this class!!!