R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cactus Classic 2009!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Viking Racing
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It looks like this whole thing has cleared up before I had a chance to respond.

Matt Chambers is one of the classiest racers I have raced with. I have had the honor of racing with Matt weekly over the last few years, and I have never seen him intentionally take out anyone. He's a great ambassador for
rc; and helps out everyone who asks at our track. I can't say that about other factory sponsored racers I have raced with. I have to take his word on this, and everyone else should as well.

Sorry I had to bring up the issue again; hopefully it will be put to rest.

[QUOTE=M Chambers;5558710]I thought I should post something after all the people slandering my name.

In the truck modified A2 main I had an issue with my sensor wire. The marshal grabbed my truck and when the throttle came back he threw the truck back down on the track. You all can make of it what you want from the video. When my truck was thrown down I saw the leaders coming up fast behind me and my reaction was to get out of the way as fast as I could. I IN NO WAY intended to affect the outcome of the race and this was a complete accident. Anyone who knows me or my character would know that I race clean and give respect to the leaders. As I got off the drivers stand EVERYONE said to me that it was not my fault. What they could see that you cannot see on the video is that I was trying my best to get out of the way. That is it. I had no interest in affecting the outcome of the race.

Even Maifield came up and appologized to me for the whole thing as his team informed him that the marshall threw me down at the wrong time and I was just trying to get out of the way. Fortunately, Maifield went on to win the A3 main and secured the #1 spot.

Please don't post negative things about people because *you think you know what happened from watching a video*[/QUO