R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
I hope this is the right place to put this but it is about Trans-Am and its my set up. I don't have all the "Set up" Tools but a guy at our LHS was nice enought to set my car up for me. He set my ride hight 4.5 front 5.0 back set my droop and checked for tweak. I got the car used and it has Yellow springs in the rear and Blue in the front. im recently having a issue with traction roll and I was told a cure was to use less Traction goop on my fronts. my question is with the Trans-Am cars since there a "slower" class will changing my front springs make a diffrence or is that somthing for more advanced drivers? I have Purple and Violet springs to stiffen it up but would I be just chaseing a never ending battle and just stick with what it has.
Look just above you.. there is a TA tuning thread. Check it out.

I don't really have a specific answer for you but can say that spring changes will have an effect as will the amount you goop the tires. If you goop a little less and its still tippy then some other setup change is necessary. I'll let someone a little better with setup take you further.