R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
lbckevin
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
I just raced my RC8 with the AE E-Conversion kit with a Novak Hv Speedo and a Novak 7.5 motor, 2 Orion 5000 2s lipo packs. The problem I'am having is the speedo would thermal on me at about 6 min into my run I cut the front windshield out of the body, installed the fan on the ESC, turned the timing down on the motor and the car still shut down 8 min into an 10 min main that I was leading even after a battery change I will try gearing down the next time I race, Because I think that was the problem with the over heating, but what I wanted to know from the forum Commuinty was if anyone else has had the same problem with the Novak ESC. With the two 5000 packs I thought for sure I would get 10 to 12 min of run time easy. I love 1/8 electric I think it could save off-road eletric racing
What track did you race at ?

At OCRCin Huntington Beach, we run the Novak HV with sucess, you have to run the fan on the speedo. The motors are great for 10th scale size tracks. The sensored motors are super smooth and no bog , cog or hesitation. The motor is too high of a KV to run on large outdoor 8th scale tracks. We have run 10 min. mains with no problem . We run twin 5000 2s packs and no problem with run time.