View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
witz_dan
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default dumb question

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hey guys,

Time to start talking about 1s and the Tekin RS esc. Currently the setup we're recomending is to use a Booster or reciever pack and leave our red wire in and the esc switch in the off position. This provides full power from the battery at all times, but de-activates the lipo cutoff.

Run time isn't an issue with this for 8 minute racing. If you've driven one of these you can go around 12 minutes or more and you can tell when the pack goes flat indicating it's time to stop.

We're working on a 1s profile that can be used which will allow the same setup as above only keep the esc switch in the on position allowing the 1s voltage cut off to be used.

The team has tested this setup with great results. If you have any questions or are looking for setup help feel free to ask.

ok i have a stupid question. just got my 3.7 and found out i need a booster or rx pack.. that I get but what i dont quiet get is the part i high lighted in red. What do you mean by leave your red wire in? and the esc will work with this setup with it switched off? assuming i dont get that part because i dont understand the leave the red wire in part. Perhaps someone could send me a pic. that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Dan