R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Jeremy Otis
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Trips
I guess I'll do a quick report on how it went today...

I'm running a CRC GenX, with 4 cells and a Trinity Duo17.5 it hits the track at 830 grams. Definitely one of the lightest 4 cell NIMH cars I've seen at 360 Speedway, most guys still running 4 cells are in the high 800's or low 900 gram range.

With the SMC LiPO in place of the 4 cell NIMH, along iwth my tiny LiPO "booster cell" and the extra switch and wiring, the car today hit the scale at 872 grams. That was with the Trinity Duo 17.5 still in place. I borrowed an LRP Vector X11 13.5 turn for today, which is about 12 grams heavier than the Trinity Duo, so I was hitting the track at 684 grams. IF you recall my photo of the car a few posts back, I added a switch, and also some battery bars to the top of the SMC pack. I'm getting rid of the switch and battery bars, they add more grams than they're worth. As long as I'm unplugging the LiPO "booster cell" between runs to charge it, there's no need to have a switch there as well. I'll just plug it back in right before the run to turn the car on. Also, the switch and battery bars represent a bunch of extra solder joints in the car (more possible failure points than I really need in my car. IN fact I did have a few issues with a bad solder joint that killed a couple of runs for me today.

Performance... My fast laps today were EXACTLY the same as my fast lape last week with 4 cell NIMH and a 17.5, BUT the car was MUCH easier to drive consistently this weekend. My best run this week was THREE fulll laps faster than last week, and my best single lap that run was a 10.0... last weekend my best run was three laps slower, and I hit a few 9.9's in that run, but the consistency just wasn't there.

For anyone wondering, I ran the 1.89 firmware, max boost, timing ring on the LRP Vector 13.5 fully clockwise. Rollout 3..3" (76/46 gearing, 1.75 diameter tires)
Your LRP motor is 12 grams heavier then your DUO... You must have the new DUO "light" series.