R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1rcracer
Hmmm... ok chap.. with out sounding rude.....

firstly.... regionals with how many drivers in "stock" johnson 540 class ?
right.... secondly ,what car came first ?

Dont get my wrong if you didnt read what i said or didnt understand it , i dont know . as i said in our country with foams on tar "usually" , at the Nats (not the little regionals).

the only way to get the car(416) decent is to upgrade the bottom and top decks. I started racing with tamiya and still
love that brand but if you understand any thing about setting up a car you will know that the std kits (not carpet spec) is usually slow on our surfaces.....

how many tamiyas came top 3 at "any" nats last year ?

In za you can hope to pick up the pieces with 416 (any edition) . you can have a hope if you put about $150 more into the car.

About the world champion.... MarcR is the best driver!!
You will never sniff the same car he had at the worlds,
even if it says worlds edition.
and besides its run on rubber not foam (correct me if im wrong there is no foam spec 416)....

so if you wanna make believe in 27T or 540 class with the 416 be my guest...

in ending... i will probably buy one for MOD.....
to get the PHI working at all you have to get TRF shocks and the corally lipo tray... there's $150 before you even consider setup

416 is the best car on rubber regardless of surface - how else would a 15yo kid hand it to the "best driver". TC on foam barely exists outside the US, so it's no surprise that Tamiya don't bother with a foam spec car