R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Ultra Comp2 Engine issues
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 AM
daniel15fl
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default motor

Originally Posted by Tfizzle
So i found a Ofna Ultra Comp2 the other day in the trash(im a garbageman). Brought it home and cleaned it up. I completely ripped the engine apart and cleaned it. I put it all back together and i cannot seem to get it to start.

The pull start was broke when i found it so ive been trying to start it with a start box that i found in the trash(love my job btw) previously.

I got another nitro truck so i know how to start an engine but this one wont go. Glow plug is bright orange hot. I turned the engine by hand till i got fuel in the line. Then a few more times to get fuel in the carb. Nothing. I think i see why they threw this thing away.

Now i have read that these Force engines are complete pieces of crap. This is the Force .26 btw.

What do you guys suggest? Just buy a new engine? if so, can you direct me towards a good replacement. Will my old pipe(assuming its the stock pipe) fit? Not going to be racing. Just bashing.

or should i keep messing with this one?
i understand where u r at with this, i bought a ofna ultra mbx from a guy for 50 bucks and yes the engines are pieces of shit. this one had a lot of rusty parts and what not, so i ordered all the parts i needed and threw in a Axial .28RR motor in it and it screams... i highly recomend it but the mach 427 would be good as well.... my suggestion is to keep messing with the enging for a couple more days and if u dont get ne thing out of it then it is time to replace